Indoor air quality (HVAC)
CLIMATIC removes particulate matter and gaseous pollutants in a single treatment
The CLIMATIC air pollution control system offers a new and flexible way of removing the outdoor air pollution before it enters a building’s ventilation system, ensuring clean and breathable indoor air. The system is easily installed in line with air intake piping or ducts, e.g. on the roof of a building, or it can be integrated into more complex piping structures as part of a building’s central HVAC or duct system. CLIMATIC requires no or negligible modifications to the already existing ventilation infrastructure. The system is scalable according to air volumes and pollution loads.
- The CLIMATIC creates a semi-closed environment with clean air inside buildings shielded from the polluted
- The CLIMATIC is modular and easy to install as clamp on to any existing HVAC system. The system requires
no or little additional modifications or changes to existent HVAC systems.
Figure 1. CLIMATIC – conceptual illustration based on actual installation at the Royal Danish Embassy in Beijing, P. R. China
- In a single treatment cycle removes 98% of PM2.5-10 and 50-83% of gaseous pollutants, such as NOX and SO2
- Easy to integrate and install into existent HVAC systems
- Low or no pressure drop, benefiting the overall energy consumption
- Increases the lifetime of existent ventilation filters by removing particles from incoming air
- Modular and scalable design
- Builds up no waste or hazardous by-products
- Comes with optional intelligent SMART-AIR system
The intelligent air monitoring system offering purification on demand
Pollution load in cities and urban centres peak at different times of the day, often varying with the seasons. SMART-AIR is an intelligent automation add-on to the CLIMATIC that monitors the air pollution and thereby the need for cleaning by the CLIMATIC. The CLIMATIC can create a semi-closed environment with clean air inside buildings, shielding them from the polluted ambient air. In other words, SMART-AIR offers cleaning on demand.
Figure 2. SMART-AIR – cleaning on demand, conceptual illustration
The SMART-AIR system is equipped with sensors to keep track of the ambient air pollution load. The system offers several benefits:
- The cleaning pattern of the CLIMATIC can be set up to mirror the specific location’s pollution characteristics
- If the CLIMATIC senses that pollution levels are low, it can turn down cleaning power until levels increase again. This saves energy and prolongs the lifetime of consumables within the CLIMATIC
- The CO2 levels in a building are determined by occupancy and activity. Ambient air is only supplied to the ventilation system, and thus the CLIMATIC, when CO2 thresholds are exceeded, further saving energy